A great friend of mine, Char~, from Jean's Art Dolls DT, had heard of a card similar to this from Splitcoast Stampers, I BELIEVE... I played around with the template design, and here's my take on it!
Here's how you make this:
1. Cut a sheet of relatively heavy patterned paper to 8" x 8-1/2"
2. Trace the outline of a plate on the very top, like an arch, to achieve a rounded top to the almost sqaure piece of paper.
3. Cut along the arch to get a rounded top.
5. Fold bottom flap up. Then, fold the left panel over to center, and fold the right panel slightly over the left:
The rest is easy! But no photos, because I'm not going to give you ANY NEW IDEAS
6. Cut out a 5" tag shape out of coordinating patterned paper, AND a 4 or 4-1/2 inch tag out of solid, light-colored cardstock (so you can write on it.) or, as I did on this one, vice-versa!
7.. Mat the smaller tag onto the larger one.
8. Time to dress up your cami! I almost always make some sort of a "belt,' either out of ribbon, fiber, cardstock or pp. On some I'll follow the curved lines iof the "V-neck" and decorate with bling, eyelets threaded with fiber-- all things are possible!
IF YOU WISH TO ENTER MY CONTEST FOR THE MOST ORIGINAL CAMI-CARD,
please post a comment here, and when you're finished, LINK ME UP, for $50 worth of BLOG CANDY!!!
THANKS! The deadline for entering is MONDAY 10/26/09! And you make make as many of these as you like! Each one will be considered on its own merits.
1st day at school
1 week ago